The Friends of the Library is a nonprofit group whose mission is to
- maintain an association of persons interested in libraries
- focus public attention on the library
- stimulate the use of the library's resources and services
- encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the library
- support and cooperate with the library in developing library services and facilities for the community
- lobby on behalf of the library
- perform such other functions as may advance the mission of the library
The Friends also support the library financially by holding fundraisers and pursuing grants. The money raised from these activities supplements the library's town allocated budget.
The Friends have funded
- Kindle and nook eReaders
- New book return installation
- Adult and children's programs
- 7 new Internet computers
- Bar code scanners
- Summer Reading Program
- Receipt Printers
- Craft Supplies
- DVD storage
If this sparks your interest in your community library, PLEASE enroll as a member by filling out this form and mail or bring to the library along with your tax deductible donation.
- The Friends hold an annual book sale in October
- Past fundraisers include a wine and cheese event and a cookie sale
- There are always books for sale in the library, proceeds go to the Friends
- Need a new reusable shopping bag? Friends have them! $3 at the library.